Laverda,
a story that began a long time ago

  • 1873

    Pietro Laverda established the “Ditta Pietro Laverda”, a craftsman’s workshop that produced farming equipment, wine-making machines and bell-tower clocks in S.Giorgio di Perlena, in the Province of Vicenza.

  • 1905

    The Company moved to Breganze, the place that was to remain its headquarters for more than seventy years, and took on an industrial character with over 100 employees. The production catered to the needs of agriculture that was becoming mechanized: manual threshing machines, straw cutters, silo fans, wine presses, corn shellers, etc.

  • 1930

    The grandsons of the founder, Pietro Jr and G.Battista took over the Company’s helm and were responsible for the innovative turning point of the production that was soon to make Laverda one of the most important Italian companies in its sector.

  • 1956

    Thanks to the extensive experience and widespread fame acquired by the reaper-binders, Laverda designed and built the first Italian self-propelled combine harvester, the M 60 model, with which the Company began to compete on the Italian and international markets.

  • 1971

    Production of the M 100 AL began. This was the first combine harvester to be equipped with a transversal and longitudinal self-levelling system, in order to harvest on slopes.

  • 1981

    At a time of intensive development, the Company built a new plant in Breganze and started a partnership with Fiat group that would last for 20 years. The ultra-modern production lines in this new facility gave birth to the M 182, the first model to be equipped with electronically controlled functions.

  • 2000-2001

    The Breganze plant was purchased by Argo SpA, the holding Company of the Morra family and owner of Landini trademark and Company. The new owners relaunched Laverda’s historical trademark on the market, with a new range of combines, big balers and round balers.

  • 2007

    Argo SpA officially announced the establishment of a 50% joint venture between Laverda SpA and the AGCO Corporation, based in Duluth (Georgia), a major worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment. Already in 2004, Laverda had an OEM agreement with the AGCO corporation and was supplying them with combines for the Massey Ferguson, Fendt and Challenger brands.

  • 2010

    Development plans for Laverda, the Harvesting European Centre of Excellence, are confirmed. AGCO declares the Breganze facility as its strategic centre for combine production and operations in Europe, meaning the complete integration of Laverda and AGCO harvesting products.

  • 2010-2011

    November 2010: agreement for total acquisition of Laverda and Fella by the AGCO corporation. March 2011: AGCO finalizes acquisition of Laverda and Fella.