An unprecedented success for Laverda during the 2013 edition of Open Factory Day
4,500 people visited the plant, which celebrated its 140th anniversary yesterday with the community
May 13, 2013- Breganze. Record turnout on Sunday, May 12th for the Laverda Open Factory Day 2013. Many were already waiting in line outside the gates before the opening to visit one of the most important industries in the province of Vicenza. The special opening, which was part of the 2013 Open Factories Program sponsored by the Veneto Region and the Province of Vicenza, with the support of the City of Breganze, gave the company an opportunity to celebrate the 140th anniversary of its founding. This particular anniversary certainly helped draw a large audience and, at the end of the day, the total number of visitors was 4,500. Also present for the special occasion was the mayor of Breganze Silvia Covolo and the Industry Development Councillor Ivan Dalla Valle.
"We know that our company always attracts people, but we ourselves never imagined such a turnout," said Francesco Quaranta, at the top of AGCO’s Harvesting division for Europe and Managing Director of Laverda S.p.A. "The celebration of the 140th anniversary has certainly contributed to the success of the day and we are glad to have shared with such a large number of visitors a very important moment."
To commemorate the 140th anniversary, the "Pietro Laverda" Historical Archive sent the press a new edition of the book Laverda’s Agricultural Machinery with expanded historical and technical content, updated in 2012, written by Piergiorgio Laverda.
In 1873, Pietro Laverda constituted the "workshop" that soon would become an industrialized company and leader of the industry since the 1930’s. From this plant came machines that have marked the history of agricultural mechanization, making the Laverda brand famous in Italy and around the world. The first Italian self-propelled combine harvester, the Laverda M 60, was launched in 1956, while the M 100 AL, the first auto-levelling combine able to work on the steep slopes typical of the Italian hillsides, dates back to 1970.
Since then Laverda has continued to produce quality products, so as to gain the interest of one of the major players in the global sector, AGCO Corporation, which after having completed the acquisition of the historic brand and of the company in March 2011, has focused the entire production of combine harvesters for the Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME) markets at the Breganze factory. In this true centre of excellence AGCO manufactures nowadays Laverda, Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Challenger brands.
In a recent interview the Managing Director commented, "Here, I found people who believe and are attached to the brand. This is a company that has founded its excellence on its products, but also on its people."
In 2012, 1,200 combine harvesters were sold. Thanks to recent investments it is expected in 4/5 years to reach a production of 2,500 units per year. Already by the end of 2013, a new painting facility will be in full operation, currently nearing completion and with the best technologies on the market, which will increase the production capacity and the final quality of the product.
During the high season of production the company has a staff of over 600 employees. The plant occupies an area of ??25 hectares with a central body dedicated to the production, a futuristic Visitor Centre that opened in March this year, and multiple office buildings devoted to Service, AGCO Parts and Logistics.
For more information:
Communications and Public Relations Manager
Laverda S.p.A. – Via F. Laverda, 15/17 – 36042 Breganze (VI)
Tel.: 0445 - 385 305
Fax: 0445 - 385 593
Mob.: 335 84 55 892